Named for historian George Bancroft.
Named for landowners Thomas and Louisa Brannon.
Once located in Susan R. Buder School in the neighborhood it moved to Hampton and Eichelberger in 1962 before moving to its present location at 4401 Hampton.
This 32 acre tract of land was purchased by the City in 1910 and is named after Willam Christy, who owned and established clay products in 1857 in the area bounded by Chippewa and Morganford south and west to beyond Kingshighway and Eichelberger. By the turn of the century the established clay mine had more than five miles of subterranean passageways.
Named after the founder of Carondelet, Clement Delor.
Named in honor of Doctor George F. Eichelberger, a member of Carondelet’s first City Council, Eichelberger Street originally was named Clark Street for Lewis & Clark Expedition explorer William Clark.
Named after Lake Itasca in Minnesota.
Named for the second oldest railroad in Missouri which ran from St. Louis to New Madrid.
Named after John Murdock, a farmer.
Named after the Neosho River in Kansas; An Osage Indian word for clear spring.
Named for the British statesman who founded the Rhodes Scholarship program, Cecil John Rhodes.
Once had a sulphur spring on it near the intersection of Sulphur and Manchester Road.
Named for John B. Walsh, the first mayor of Carondolet.
Formerly a creek which was paved over; named after Mackey Wherry, a surveyor and engineer.
Named for the daughter of Carl Wimar, the artist who painted the dome in the Old Courthouse.
** Some of the historical information above was derived from the book “The Streets of St. Louis” by William B. and Marcella Magnan.